We need security at our event. How is this arranged?

When we discuss your event with you, we will come to an agreement on the level of security required. We will then arrange the personnel with our security partner and the costs will be added to your bill. These fees are completely transparent.

Am I organising a large or public event at The Halls? What should I do with the first help?

You must ensure that you make provision for first aid cover. This should be done either by appointing suitably qualified people to attend your event or by obtaining the services of a specialist first aid provider such as St John's Ambulance. В. I have a need for extra food for my event, can you help? There is no charge for using equipment that can be powered from standard 13 amp outlets, but if you need more power, we have a 63 amp three-phase power supply in both of our main halls. There is an additional charge of £100 for the use of this more powerful source. Please speak to us about your needs.



We think The Halls is the perfect venue for our event, but what should we do about the catering?


Our in-house catering company Chameleon Catering will be happy to discuss your needs and prepare a bespoke menu for your event. They are our preferred caterer for all gastronomic events held at The Halls. If you are set up to use another caterer, we will rent out your kitchen for an additional fee (and a refundable deposit held in case additional cleaning is required). This fee does not apply if Chameleon is your caterer.

Can we bring our own alcohol to our event?


Hirers should note that the exclusive right to dispense all alcoholic beverages belongs to the Halls Management. Please ask to see our wine list and bar prices, we think you will be pleasantly surprised. If you would like to discuss the possibility of providing your own wine, please discuss this with the management team, a corkage fee will always be charged in such cases.

Do I need insurance for my event?

This will largely depend on the nature of your event and the events being held. If your event is private, it is unlikely that you will need public liability insurance, but there will be instances where it is strongly recommended, such as when renting play equipment such as bouncy castles, jumping broncos, etc. If you have any concerns about whether you need insurance, talk to a qualified insurance adviser. Public events almost always require public liability insurance. Written proof of the following will often be a condition of the event. (1) Valid public and product liability insurance. (2) Indemnity limit must be stated (minimum £5,000,000). (3) Name of insurance company/companies. There is a very limited number of parking spaces on the premises for essential vehicles only. These essential vehicles will be discussed and agreed during the booking process and will normally be limited to three vehicles. The plains in front of St Andrews Hall can be used for unloading and loading, but after that all non-essential vehicles must find alternative parking. Contact The Halls for up-to-date parking information.